I believe I may have posted this a while ago on this blog and then deleted it but I do not remember. I am currently drawing a manga to go along with this story so I thought I would repost this. I wrote this last autumn I believe around Halloween or so. I hope that y’all enjoy! The PDF is available to read below. 🙂
Something pulls me,
It beckons me deeper into the shadows,
A longing for loneliness,
A longing for despair.
It lurks in depths of the forest,
Or perhaps it is within my mind,
Waiting for me.
I can feel its gaze,
I can feel its incredible patience,
It can never strike at me,
But it can do its best to lure me in.
I’ve encountered this entity once before,
Face to face,
In the crossroads,
Of the forest.
It did nothing to push me towards it,
It did not grab me and run,
It simply stood there,
And let me make my own decision.
That day I chose to turn around,
I didn’t follow it into emptiness,
Though ever since then,
I feel it pulling me back.
A smirk on its face,
A smug laughter in its heart,
It knows that I think about it,
It knows that I question my choice.
It will wait there,
At those lonely crossroads,
Until I return to it,
Until I agree to let it take me.
Deep into eternal darkness.
DAY 12: WRITE ABOUT 5 BLESSINGS IN YOUR LIFE
1. My fiancé. I absolutely love him and he means so much to me. He’s always been there for me when no one else was and he is so understanding and loving. I am so amazed how we were born so far away from eachother yet we found eachother and are together. He is my everything and I thank the Gods that we found eachother and are together.
2. The people throughout my life that have encouraged me to do art and write. A few of these people I will name just to commemorate how great they were in my life: my old nanny Auntie Ruth, my amazing awesome art teacher Mrs. Gilmore, and my highschool art teacher, Ted. All have encouraged me to be creative and do art. Though I’m sure I got them angry a few times by being obstinant and only using the mediums I wanted to use… >.> <.< (pens and acrylics anyone?)
3. Right now- my partially buzzed short hair. It’s- I kid you not- 80 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT OUTSIDE!!! AND ITS FEBRUARY! I hate it. I need cold weather. Though I’m glad I made the decision to cut my hair because it is cooling me down.
4. Music. I don’t really know what to say to emphasize this I just really enjoy music! 🙂
5. Good health! Although I’ve been feeling a little emotional as of late and whatnot I haven’t been in bad health or sick at all and I’m very thankful for that.
Im sorry I didn’t post a few days for this challenge- I didn’t really enjoy the topics and I didn’t feel like posting. One been in a little bit of a slump as of late so I haven’t been really in the mood to post but I thought today’s topic was neat so I am posting today! 🙂
Have a lovely day everyone!
Death and Blood.
They do a delicate dance with each other.
Both might be viewed as negative.
Yet Blood is what gives us life.
Death tries to woo Blood.
He tries to whisk her off of her feet.
So that she may never get back to her original place.
Blood is scared of Death.
Yet she wants to be freed.
She wants to run and she wants to be reckless.
But if she does then she is doomed.
Death will consume her.
So she has two choices.
Or leave to experience an unknown journey.
Blood makes up her mind.
And she thinks that she has control.
Yet Death is the one that ultimately has her fate determined.
He will wait.
And once her time comes.
He will dance away into his eternal darkness with Blood in his arms.
DAY 9: POST SOME WORDS OF WISDOM THAT SPEAK TO YOU.
I love the topic of today’s challenge! I was just thinking of this the other day! So today I’m going to post some quotes that are special to me or just things I like and I might explain some of them. I hope you enjoy! If you have any words of wisdom that speak to you, comment them on this post! 🙂
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
The quote above was actually my senior quote for the yearbook when I was in high school! I love this quote because it shows how being scared or bottling your emotions up can lead to greater problems than if you just face them beforehand. I think this is a very wise thing to think about and implement into life.
“Slegin ótta vættir við, vera máttu ekki.”
This is a line from the song Sorg by one of my favorite bands, Skálmöld. They’re an Icelandic viking/folk metal band. Basically what this quote is saying is “Do not fear the supernatural.” I don’t want to go too in depth about this because I am planning on getting this tattooed sometime in the nearish future so when that happens I will make a whole post about it, but I will say that this is one of the most special quotes for me.
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”- Bilbo Baggins
This quote really speaks to me because it’s just so true. I love to take walks and explore and I’m a very imaginative person so with that, my mind and my body can wander many places. Sometimes I’m so wrapped up in what I’m thinking about that I just forget my surroundings and I’m transported to the world that I’m thinking about. It’s just a great quote and it brings lots of beautiful images up in my mind.
I’m sure that I have many other quotes and sayings that I love but these are the three that are the most important in my mind at the moment. 🙂
Day 8: SHARE SOMETHING THAT YOU STRUGGLE WITH.
Who knew that a writing challenge could make me open up so much. It’s very interesting! Something that I struggle with is abandonment. I’ve struggled with this for a lot of my life. I was adopted as a child and so I felt like my birth parents threw me away. My adoptive parents and I have had a rough relationship throughout the years. And I’ve had a lot of friendships leave my life. It makes me really sad but it also makes me cherish the friendships that I do have a lot. For any of my friends or relationships I put my all in it if I know that they reciprocate that wish to contribute to the friendship. I am dedicated to my friends and I would do anything for them. A problem though with my abandonment issues is that I tend to be afraid to open up to others because I have trouble trusting people and I think that they secretly don’t like me or they want to leave my life. This is one of the hardest things that I deal with in life, but I’m trying to get better at it every day. 🙂
I hope you all have a lovely day and that you have loyal great friends in your life to make you happy! 🙂 🙂 🙂
DAY 6: FIVE WAYS TO WIN YOUR HEART.
- Accepting me for me. I’m not a normal person exactly. I’m eccentric. I love a lot of things and if someone wants to be in my life they have to realize that I’m not just a one-sided person and they must accept that and learn about what makes me happy.
- Respecting my dreams and aspirations. My dream is to become an author as well as an artist and whomever is with me needs to support that and encourage me to write and do art as much as I can in my spare time.
- They need to be caring. I often worry about silly things and I’m a bit of a scaredy cat and so I need someone who can comfort me and take care of me.
- They need to have similarities as well as differences. I find it important to find someone who has similar interests as me so that we have common things to talk about, but I find it enriching and wonderful to find someone that is different than me too. I think it’s important to have a balance so that you can feel similar to someone but also have a person that teaches you and shows you things that you never imagined before.
- Someone that puts in effort. Relationships take a lot of commitment and work and its important to have someone that puts effort into the relationship. Then you know that they care about you and that they will work hard to make sure that it stays healthy, long-term, and happy.
Although this post is about how to win my heart, my heart has already been won by my darling fiance. He’s the most wonderful person in my life. But I had to do this post so I thought I would list some things that are important to me- even in friendships a lot/most of these things apply.
DAY 7: LIST 10 SONGS THAT YOU’RE LOVING RIGHT NOW.
- I See Fire- Ed Sheeran
- One Summer’s Day- Joe Hisaishi
- Sorg- Skálmöld
- Clan Warsong- From the Warlords of Draenor WoW soundtrack
- Valhöll- Skálmöld
- Bella’s Lullaby- Carter Burwell
- Evening Breeze- Adrian Von Ziegler
- Eternal Ice- Adrian Von Ziegler
- Skilfingr- Adrian Von Ziegler
- Far Horizons- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Soundtrack
These are just some of my favorite songs out of many! At some point I can put up some of my Spotify playlists for you all to listen to.
*Sorry I didn’t post yesterday! I wasn’t feeling too well so I was taking some time to just watch some movies and draw and rest. 🙂 I’ll be back on schedule now!*